Adding feed posts to your Instagram story or re-sharing stories you’ve been tagged in is common practice on Instagram. It’s a great way to repurpose content or showcase partners, influencers & fans. Unfortunately, the default backgrounds in Instagram won’t really let your content shine, let alone look on brand.
There’s a quick and easy way to add custom backgrounds to these reposted tweets in Instagram. This should introduce more brand consistency and make your shared content much more engaging to followers.
Here’s how to do it:
- Get the feed post or Instagram story you’d like to share and hit ‘Add to your story’.
- Once you have the resposted content in your Instagram Stories editor, before posting, open your Slate app.
- In Slate, find the background you’d like to use in the backgrounds drawer*
- Once you see the background in the backgrounds drawer, long press (tap and hold the background in the drawer for 2 seconds) in order to copy the background to your phone’s clipboard.
- Now switch back to your Instagram app and you’ll see an ‘Add Sticker’ option pop up with the background you just copied.
- Simply tap ‘Add Sticker’ and your custom background will drop into Instagram as a sticker for you to reposition. Once the background is in place you can add native @handles, #hashtags, and more.
When adding a background to your Slate app you’ll want to design the background with an empty space. Feel free to download this Photoshop template to easily create a background in seconds, or email email@example.com if you need help!
Also, if the ‘Add sticker’ pop up goes away before you get a chance to tap it, you can also paste anything copied to your phone’s clipboard using the Instagram text field. Tap to bring up the text functionality. Instead of typing, long press to bring up the “Paste” option. Hit Paste and your background will drop into your Instagram Story.