With Slate’s Web Timeline Editor, you can create more engaging content by controlling when objects appear on your design. It’s super easy to edit videos with an intuitive timeline that lets you make changes effortlessly, snap objects into place, and adjust the duration with ease. You can also rearrange layers and create better social videos with title screens, end cards, and sponsor branding. Sounds pretty awesome, right?
How to use Timeline Editor on Web:
- In the Web Creation Studio, add a video to your project via drag and drop or through the media drawer and timeline will be enabled
- Add, rearrange & edit your media, text and graphics to your liking
- Export your finished content
Snapping Options for Timeline Editor on Web:
In Web Timeline Editor, snapping allows for easy timing adjustments by aligning objects to the start or end of other objects, or by dragging through the snapping point for more precise control.
- Snap to an asset to the beginning point of another asset
- Snap to an asset to the end point of another asset
- Ignore the snapping control all together
Note: You can disable lane snapping by holding down the shift key while dragging the lane
How to move video and assets in Web Timeline Editor:
- Select the video or asset you would like to move within the Timeline by simply clicking
- Drag to its desired position
- Make any other changes you would like before exporting
How to adjust duration of videos and assets in Web Timeline Editor:
- Find the video or asset that you would like to change the duration
- Use the handles at the end of the asset’s bar to trim or lengthen its duration
Note: Processing is non-destructive so you can change your mind while you create.
How to use Zoom on Web Timeline Editor:
- Add the videos and assets you will be using in your content
- In the bottom right hand corner, use the zoom bar to adjust your view of the assets in your Timeline
- Make any edits with sub-second accuracy!
- You can also zoom by clicking on the magnifying glass icons. One click makes the timeline’s view shorter/longer by 1 second
- You can also zoom via
option-key combinations. This works the same as clicking on the icons, it makes the view shorter/longer by 1 second
Other things to keep in mind while using the Web Timeline Editor:
- Your creations can be as short or long as you like, and the timeline will adapt as you work.
- Use the layer panel to re-order media, text and graphic layers on in your design. You can also rename layers now inside the layer panel – the names will be reflected on the timeline lanes.