What is a safe zone?
Safe zones preview what content will look like when posted to social media by showing you where the native overlays will appear. When creating content in Slate, applying safe zones is helpful way to make sure none of your graphic elements will sit behind native overlay in platforms like IG and TikTok.
Which platforms does Slate currently have a safe zone for?
- Instagram Story
- Instagram Reels
Turning safe zones on
- Open your Slate mobile app
- Select the three dot button in the top right hand corner of your home screen
- Press the button next to “Safe Zones” to toggle on and off
Selecting and using a safe zone
- With safe zones toggled on, select your desired social platform
- You can then press and hold down on the screen to make your safe zone appear in a preview state
- When adding text or graphics to your content, the overlay will automatically become visible if the placement of the text or graphic reaches any part of the safe zone