Adding feed posts to your IG Story or re-sharing stories you’ve been tagged in is common practice on Instagram. It’s a great way to repurpose content or showcase your fans, but the final piece of content is pretty basic and doesn’t often highlight your brand.
You probably didn’t know there’s a quick and easy way to add your Slate filters to these posts in Instagram to maintain brand consistency and make your shared content stand out from the masses.
Here’s how to do it:
- Get the feed post or story you’d like to share and hit ‘Add to your story’.
- Once you have it in your Stories editor, before posting, open your Slate app.
- In Slate, find the background you’d like to use to frame or act as a background on your the repost in the backgrounds drawer*
- Once you see the background in the background drawer, long press (tap and hold the background in the drawer for 2 seconds) in order to copy the background to your phone’s clipboard.
- Now switch back to your Instagram tab and you’ll see an ‘Add Sticker’ option pop up with the background you just copied.
- Simply tap ‘Add Sticker’ and your Slate background will drop into Instagram as a sticker for you to reposition. Once the background is in place you can add native @handles, #hashtags, and more.
*When adding a background, like in the example gif, you’ll want to design the background with an empty space to neatly wrap the reposted media. Feel free to ping email@example.com if you need help designing these backgrounds – we have a template that makes it seamless!
Also, if the ‘Add sticker’ pop up goes away before you get a chance to tap it, you can always paste anything copied to your phone’s clipboard using the IG input text field. Tap to bring up the text functionality. Instead of typing, long press to bring up the “Paste” option. Hit Paste and your filter will drop into your story.
Enjoy making your Stories both stay on brand and stand out! Who knows, maybe this 5 star treatment to reposted UGC content will encourage even more fans to @ tag your brand.